Granting GuidelinesLeft Hand Brewing Foundation
The Left Hand Brewing Foundation is committed to brewing a stronger community where we work, live and play.
- Organizations applying must be classified as a 501(c)(3), or equivalent by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Organizations must provide services relevant to issues and emergencies impacting the Longmont community and beyond.
- Only one grant per organization per year will be considered.
- Preference will be given to Longmont area organizations. Applying organizations should be providing necessary services in the greater Longmont area.
- Applications will not be accepted from organizations providing services outside the scope of the Left Hand Brewing Foundation Mission Statement.
- No grants will be issued to fundraising campaigns, special event purposes, individuals, political candidates, motorsport or athletic teams.
- The Left Hand Brewing Foundation prioritizes grant requests that are associated with an LHBF flagship event such as Leftapalooza or Longmont Oktoberfest. Beneficiaries of these events are expected to contribute material, volunteer, or marketing support to the overall success of the event.
- The Left Hand Brewing Foundation welcomes all non-profits to apply for free space to raise awareness for their cause at the Left Hand Brewing Foundation's flagship events. For more information, please email email@example.com.
- The Left Hand Brewing Foundation will consider grants up to $50,000.
- The Left Hand Brewing Foundation reserves the right to restrict the use of granted funds to a purpose or purposes agreed to in a letter of agreement.
Beneficiaries & Grants
The Left Hand Brewing Foundation considers two types of grant requests. Priority is given to requests that are associated with a LHBF flashsip event such as Leftapalooza or Longmont Oktoberfest.
Event Beneficiary Requests
- Beneficiaries of events are selected by the Left Hand Brewing Foundation Board of Directors
- Each event produced by the Left Hand Brewing Foundation involves one to three non-profit beneficiaries including the Left Hand Brewing Foundation itself
- Grant awards from events are based on the sucess of the event, level of involvement and engagement of the participating non-profit beneficiary, and terms mutually agreed to in advance of the event.
- Event Beneficiaries are expected to contribute material, volunteer, marketing or other substantive support to the overall success of the event.
- Grant awards from events are issued in Quarter 1 of the calendar year following the event.
Restricted or Unrestricted Grants
- In some cases the Left Hand Brewing Foundation issues restricted or unrestricted grants of funds that are not associated with LHBF flagship events
- Grants will be issued within 30 days from the approval of your application.
- Applicants should follow the grant application link below.
- Please note that an application form does not guarantee award (in part or full).
- Applicants will be contacted within 30 days following the submission of their application.
- All applications must be submitted through the online form located here.
- Only organizations of approved grants will be notified only If a grant is awarded, a completed letter of agreement will be required.
- Grants will be awarded on a case by case basis.
- All decisions by the Left Hand Brewing Foundation Board of Directors are final.
- If organizations are unable to use the grant funding as described in the application, the awarded money will be refunded to the Left Hand Brewing Foundation immediately.